Saturday, August 28, 2010

saturday night = home.

strained either the nerve or the 'muscles' on my calf, damn painful la. thank god they are feeling much better today! still, i've to forsake my saturday run & the yummy coffeebean affair. sat morning started off with a swim with the roomie & honey butt instead, needed a less impactful sport on both my limbs.

i cursed & swore the whole of yesterday; it was so bad that i had to mouth some form of cb for each fucking step i took. walking down the stairs of S.I.M. was extremely hopeless as i was a mix of severe pain, agitation & frustration. poofs.

my brother graduated yesterday!


Family pic less my lil' bro, he gotta work & couldnt attend the ceremony. too bad!
See that file in his hands, the piece of paper inside costs $30k.

anyways, i tried to dress younger in the hope of 'blending in'. i thought my bro's friends were pretty kind to agree that i can, even though keet says my face looked totally old. i dont wanna be a lao char bo leh! but i have to somehow admit that i am old, after looking through my own graduation photos. big sigh!


i wanna cry just looking at the differences.

saturday afternoon was spent with honey butt; we first did lunch at ikea and then cuppa at buttercake n cream. it was great spending time together! the roomie has gotten itchy-scratchy rashes and preferred staying indoors today. pictures time!


i saw an uber cool pic in ikea and i think it's totally gorgeous!!! it costs 99 bucks though.

101% cool right?!?
and did i mention we went to buttercake n cream after that? it's really a great hangout place to spend a lazy afternoon!

it's definitely a pig-out saturday cos not long after cuppa, i went out with my folks & bros for dinner at my daddy's favourite zi char place beside keat hong.


personally, i heart the crispy butter sotong a lot!!! it's a must-order everytime we are there for food!

maybe i should just convert my blog to a foodie blog, bcos selegie tau-hwui is coming up next! it's definitely not the roomie's nor my first time at this super crowded supper place, however, it's confirmed-guaranteed our first time at selegie tauuuu-hwuuuui together.


honestly, i always wonder why the big hoohas bout the tau-hwui at selegie. to me, it tastes like any others i get elsewhere. i thought i cant appreciate but since it's famous, it should be nice lo. i found the reason last night; that's because i always ordered the cold one. i SHOULD HAVE ordered the HOT ones la!!! and the fried dough-sticks gotta be very good because my roomie who isnt a carbs-lover was totally impressed last night!

on a side note, mr bean's cafe at selegie is officially out of our list of good & reasonable food places. the prices there went through a steep inflation; unfortunately, the quality of their dishes went the opposite direction. no wonder it wasnt as crowded as before, too bad for 'em.

No comments: