Tuesday, December 9, 2008

mr bean is back!

not the funny mr bean you see on tv, nor is it the mr bean who sells thick pancakes. so which mr bean is back?


find the foodies familiar?

prawn fritters, seafood food, garlic bread...mr bean cafe @ selegie yeah! the standard of the food seems to have resume, especially the seafood soup. so once again, it's back into our list of fav haunts. however, i personally feel that there's still room for improvement for the prawn fritters, do something about the batter pleeeeasssseeee. grins.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the reason why im still up at this hour is: i cant sleep, reckon i slept too much yesterday. was damn tired after the stanchart run and i didnt really rest till night. i practically slept through the night since 1030pm until this morning at around 8am, that gave me a full and satisfying sleep.

back to the run, did my 1st 10km run and i was pretty proud of myself that i kept telling the roommate about it. you guys should know how much i dislike running and even till now, i still think i prefer the pool anytime. but ever since the more regular jogs once a week with my colleagues, i begin to like this sport a little bit more. even though we have stopped the routine for a while, i manage to convince myself to join the partner in this challenging 10km thingy. honestly, it was quite fun.

of course, i didnt run the full 10km. i came to an eventual halt as soon as i passed 6km, i felt like i might collapse anytime even though i wasnt really panting, just that my feet and ankle couldnt take it anymore or rather, my brain is still weak when it comes to running. but im glad i pushed my limits a bit further this time round. haha, by 1km! and i walked the remaining 3.5km till i thought i should at least be seen running back and i picked up my feet again. in fact, i wanted to start jogging once i crossed 8km, but my brain told me this:

brain: are u sure? if you start running now, you still have 2km to go leh!
me: oh yeah hor. 2km sounds quite a lot right?

brain: of cos!

me: but i just had some super energy-giving 100 plus you see. i should be able to do it.

brain: 2km leh, think about it. why not start when u are left with only 1km?

me: sounds good...er....


so i continued to walk..big steps of course. told you my mind is weak when it comes to running! but glad the partner and i did it together, even though she was way ahead by 6min. haha. we shall train together for nxt year too! no walking!




and while i was walking the 3.5km and enjoying the scenary, i half-wish i had my camera and notebook with me. so that i can capture the interesting things that happened along the way and jot down some funny incidents that caught my eyes. and the spectators were great and really encouraging and it's amazing to see friendly singaporeans for once. haha, not that we're known for being unfriendly but it's definitely a rare sight which i seldom get to experience. call me sua-kuist but hey, im being honest here! haha.

there was this geeky-looking bespectacled volunteer about the age of a jc student stationed at the esplanade and he's perhaps, the most interesting character i saw throughout the whole morning. when we ran/walked past, he said:

"ladies, you are doing just fine. and all of you are looking GREAT! EXCELLENT!" it's the way he said it, it was as if he memorised all these by heart, not that he wasnt sincere about what he said, but the words that came out from his mouth just didnt fit his look nor image. haha, and that made it pretty entertaining. i saw a few heads turned while i giggled away.

conclusion: 10km is tough but definitely manageable for most of us. and i applaud the full and half marathon runners, it's definitely your own race and how you are goin to run it depends on how strong-will you are. and it's so out of the reach for me, imagine running NON-STOP for 5 odd hours. urgh!

and brian, how come u didnt spot me this time round?

ps: chang, no worries. you still have me to go with you for stanchart 2009! =)

No comments: