Thursday, December 4, 2014

pregnancy and me (I)

as i'm busy resisting any attempts to scratch my super itchy arms, legs and tummy, the idea of updating this space sounds like a good distraction!

so, pregnancy and me.

first trimester
was simply terrible, i just want to lie down and do nothing everyday. most of the time, i felt sick, nauseous and dizzy. i had no appetite and eating was a chore, fish & my once-favorite-prawns were banned from my meals and beef was the only meat that seemed appetizing enough. there were at least 10 nights (about week 9-11 when my morning sickness was at its peak) when i had to camp beside the bowl and merlion-ed, the aftermath was terrible with the puke lingering in the mouth and throat. i couldn't drive for more than 5km without feeling nauseous, i couldn't stay out for more than 2 hours without feeling sick and tired, sleeping or lying down and watching running man were my absolute comfort. mummy said i looked like a total wreak and i decided to stop working after an episode of me nearly puking in front of (and probably also at) my client. you probably can imagine how bad morning sickness can be when i did not even want to celebrate my birthday, all i wanted was to stay home and not move an inch.

the thai medicated oil was my best friend then, i have to go everywhere with her. surprisingly, sour plums did not work for me initially; i started off with ribena gummies until the effect went off a few weeks later then sour plums did the magic to curb my nauseousness. eventually, i weaned off sour plums too and was on mini m&ns towards the end of my first trimester.

but one positive thing that i knew, my hormones have been raging furiously and baby tan is doing very well inside me, which is all that matters. and somehow, i started to eat pork and this must be one of the best news for the hubby, laughs. my mummies gfs/neighbours have been really supportive and encouraging too, assuring me that all is good and normal and it is ok to just rest. needless to say, the most supportive person got to be the husband, who tried all ways and means to cook differently to make me eat and at the same time, continue to work while i rest; this period of time has taken a toll on him too but oh well, he contributed to the making of baby tan after all!


weight gain: negative 2kg

will continue on this post soon, gotta prepare to head out for our antenatal class now!

No comments: