Sunday, May 4, 2008

...

scary!!!

finally, the impact of aging hit me and it hit me hard. of course, even more so when it came from someone who's supposedly to suffer the aging process & consequences more than i do - mama dearest.

our usual conversation before i get out for work goes like that...

me: mama, do i look fat in this?
mum: yes, u look so damn fat.
*i pray it's sacarsm & not the truth, haha. & of cos, she didnt use the word damn and whether or not i look fat that day will depend greatly on both her mood and patience at that instant*
me: ok, going out then. will be back home around xx time.
mum: the sun is so strong, arent u goin to carry an umbrella with u?
me: nope, i dont need that.
mum: have u got water with u?
me: yes, in my bag.

some extra lines today...
mum: oh, there're lines on your neck! are they wrinkles???
me: nah, think the lines are due to my fats.
mum: i dont think so, they look like wrinkles to me. see, told u that u need to protect your skin...blah blah blah..apply sunblock...blah blah blah..umbrella..blah blah blah
me: ... while the red alert siren rang through my head, heart and soul.

sulks. indeed, my skin looked dry and dehydrated.

i must say mama dearest is aging pretty graciously, thanks to her olay hazeline cream & some other stuff she uses consistently.

i was never an advocater for skin-care products and all even though my gfs are all slaves to skincare! i find it a hassle and chore to use them consistently. note, the key word is consistently. i've tried to have a routine previously but gave up after a while. i supposed i should start using them again and yeah, consistently. especially so when the weather these days have been fucking hot and humid. to kickstart, i must bring along my facial spray outdoors from tmr on, so as to keep my skin hydrated and moist at all times!

best evidence of my nonchalance towards skincare?
my l'oreal toner has been in my cupboard since uni days and im both proud & ashamed to announce that it's still perhaps 92% full!

ok, i know - it's time to get some skincare products.

No comments: